Diocese of Quilon 

Establishment Year 1975

Salesian Parish


Since 1975, the Salesians directly cater to the upliftment of the fisherfolk from Thanagsseri to Eravipuram through various initiatives both social and spiritual

The Salesian presence in Kollam began in 1975 when St. Stephen’s Parish (erected in 1800), with its church and adjacent property was handed over to the Salesians in perpetuity by the then bishop R. Rev. Jerome M. Fernandez. Today, the parish has got about 2000 families with 12 wards and 70 Basic Christian Communities. The parish has four chapels and one substation. The parish, also consists organisations like Don Bosco-KCYM youth, Vincent De Paul,” Madyaviruthasamathi”, CLC, Legion of Mary, Altar boys and Laura Vicuna girls’ group. The old Church was renovated in 1941 by J. E. A Pereira and the new Church was built and blessed in 2011. The Salesians are also involved in various social outreach programmes through FCDP (Fishermen Community Development Programme), TMS (Theeradesa Mahila Sanghatana), Childline and DB Tech.

Don Bosco Boys Home, a boarding facility for the poor and deserving children belonging to the fisherfolk community is run by the Salesians with the intention of providing necessary amenities for their education.

Activities of Kollam



St. Stephen’s Church
Kollam – 691 006

(0474) 2750256 (House)
(0474) 2742544 (Parish)
(0474) 2750652 (FCDP)

Don Bosco Boy’s Home
Mundackal West
Kollam – 691 001

(0474) 2742100 (House)

House : qdbsthope@gmail.com

Web site:

Enquire Now

You too can help!


Recent Events @ Don Bosco Kollam

Recent Events